The Integrated Information Technology Services (IITS) plays a critical role in connecting the university community with the IT expertise and tools needed to help realize the University’s vision of being a premier research and teaching university in the region and globally.
We envision an outstanding technology environment that strengthens existing connections and fosters new connections within the University and beyond. This technology environment will provide the members of the University community with the tools and resources to make Singapore Management University the premier research and teaching university in the region and globally.
To fulfill our vision of an outstanding technology environment, we will pursue strategic campus-wide technology initiatives and cultivate innovations across the University community. The building blocks for our vision include the following strategic directions:
- Improve organizational alignment, build operational efficiencies, and develop an organizational culture that values excellence, teamwork, and professional satisfaction
- Strengthen our technology infrastructure
- Protect our digital resources
- Enhance our learning environments
- Leverage and enhance our information assets
- Support a world-class research environment
- Build new opportunities for collaboration
Our Awards & Acknowledgements
- From McAfee: Honoring Singapore Management University in recognition of your continuous support and partnership, Jul 2013
- From IT Excellence Awards 2013. Certificate of Achievement (Finalist), for Best Deployment of Emerging Technology. Project title: SMU Corporate Analytics & Reporting (SMUCAR), July 2013
- From Acquia: SMU website winner of Acquia Partner Site of the Year, in category of Higher Education. May 2013. See Press Release from Acquia. SMU news: SMU’s website wins top-of-the class global design award.
For the Acquia Partner Site of the Year Award (May 2013)
From left: Karl Mendoza, Wilson Nger, Arkar Winn Minn Htwe, Theingi Zaw, Lau Kai Cheong (CIO), Goh Wee Sen
For the IT Excellence Awards 2013 (Finalist), July 2013
From left: Vennila Vetrivillalan, Lau Kai Cheong (CIO), Ronald Ponda Reyes, Tan Gak Khiam
For the McAfee Honor (July 2013)
From left: Glenn Asuncion Peralta, Chong Yong Yuen, James Yeo Wee Jin, Lau Kai Cheong (CIO), Sim Kwang Meng, Calvin Chan, Zhou Bin
From Aruba in recognition of SMU’s innovative deployment of wireless suite of solutions in higher education.
Lau Kai Cheong (CIO) with John DiLullo, Executive Vice President, World Wide Sales Aruba Networks.